Every household, no matter the size, needs a tool kit. Even if you have never picked up a tool before, you never know when you’re going to need to hammer in a nail that is sticking up or tighten a screw that is loose on your kitchen table. But with all the different tool kits and sets out there, it can be more than a daunting task trying to figure out which is the best one for you. That is where this article comes in handy. The following is a list of the 5 most versatile household tool kits. These kits are ideal for home use and are useful to people of all tool-using experience.
#5: 42 Piece Household Tool Kit by WorkForce
#4: 5-in-1 Kit
#3: The Black and Decker Project Kit
#2 52-Piece Household Tool Kit
#1: Stanley 65-Piece Homeowner’s Tool Set
- 13-Ounce Hammer: This 13-ounce hammer is made from fiberglass to reduce the vibrations that naturally occur during use. However, it feels like real wood when you hold it in your hand and features a rim temper to reduce the chance of chipping. It also has a curve claw that allows for easy removal of nails.
- 16-Foot Tape Measure: As with other Stanley tape measures, the one included in the kit features the Tru-Zero hook end that helps ensures an accurate measurement. The yellow case is constructed from ABS to increase durability and the blade, which measures ¾-inch, is coated with polymer to reduce the chance of abrasion. The tape measure also features a belt clip, and a marking for stud center at the 16- and 19.2-inch area.
- Torpedo Level: This 8-inch Torpedo magnetic level is made of ABS plastic, for improved durability. The 3 360-degree vials are top-reading and tinted to make it easier to see. This level is ideal for making sure anything you have to hang or put together is properly leveled.
- 18mm Snap-Off Knife: This 18mm snap-off knife is made with polymer components and stainless steel, and features a slider mechanism that self-locks with a click to ensure safety and security. The cap of this 18mm knife has a removable blade snapper that lets you easily snap off each of the 13 sections to ensure you’re always cutting with a sharp blade.
- Long Nose Pliers and Slip Joint Pliers: The main draw of long nose pliers is that it allows the user to reach into areas that traditional pliers cannot get to. The one included in this kit are 6-inches and features a fixed joint and 1-inch jaw. The 6-inch slip joint pliers have a ½-inch jaw and two locking positions. Both sets of pliers have a comfortable grip.
- Standard and Phillips Screwdrivers: A #2 Phillips and ¼-inch standard screwdriver is included in this kit. Both screwdrivers feature ergonomically designed handles that have a comfortable textured grip that is designed with slip-resistance in mind.
- Miscellaneous Tools and Accessories: Along with all the things listed above, this set also features various tools and accessories, including a ratchet (full polish ¼-inch round), ¼-inch spinner handle, ¼-inch sockets, ¼-inch bit holder, and 30 different specialty bits. You will also find two sets of hex keys with caddies that help keep the 8 metric keys and 8 SAE keys organized and well kept.
Now that you know a little more about the 5 most versatile household tool kits available, you can decide which set will work best for you, your home and your family. Remember, that, while one kit will usually be enough, there is nothing stopping you from purchasing a second kit or by adding to your current kit with new tools that you need. The whole point of a household tool kit is to keep the tools on hand that will help you maintain your home throughout the year.
Share this post