This recipe is a perfect way to start with the morning as our kids always used to eat egg and sausage every breakfast. So that is why I added the usual main course of breakfast adding a twist of sweet Potato and potatoes. Rice and egg will not be a boring food as we know.
Surely kids will gonna love it!
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil (for sauteing)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (crushed)
- 1 3/4 tbsps Onion (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Ground Pork
- 2/3 cup Sweet Potato (diced)
- 1 3/4 cup Raisins
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 3/4 tbsps Frozen Green Peas (cooked)
- 2 1/4 cups Cooked Rice
- 1 1/2 pc (medium) Ripe Saba Banana (each sliced diagonally into 5 and fried)
- 2 pcs Eggs (fried sunny side up)
- 200 grams Tomato Sauce
1. Saute garlic, onion and pork. Add Sweet Potato. Cook for 5 minutes or until light brown. Add Tomato Sauce, raisins, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes or until kamote is cooked. Add peas. Set aside.
2. Mold or scoop cooked rice on individual plates. Arrange sauteed meat mixture and fried saba around the rice. Top with egg.
Makes 2 servings.
Share this post